Saturday, June 28, 2014

JH turns 23!!

I've been so busy these past few days I haven't had a second to stop and relax, let alone put up a blog post! I'm glad I'm getting back into the swing of things though. Yesterday (the 27th) was JH's 23rd birthday and we had such a fun (crazy busy) day! We woke up early and spent the first few hours of the day at the pool. The forecast said it was going to rain but luckily no clouds rolled in until we were about to leave anyways! We were blessed enough to get some good weather the first half of the day. I took some pics here & there of some of the stuff we did, but unfortunately theres a few stuff I didn't get to get pictures of!

After the pool we went to our favorite little snoball hut and got a treat! My snoball is on the left (Tropical Punch and "Spongebob" which is lemon + pineapple) and JH's is on the right (blue raspberry) They were so good!!

After the pool and snoballs, we were off to the aquarium! JH wanted to go to the aquarium because he hadn't gone in awhile and wanted to see some of the new exhibits. The aquarium where we live is very well known and one of the best in NC! It was really cool to see all of the river life & ocean life. We even got to do some touch tank stuff and touch a stingray, which JH said felt a lot different than he imagined it would!

There's also an albino alligator at our aquarium that recently became old enough to be put in with the other alligators (before, it was in it's own exhibit). I always really liked the albino alligator but seeing her around the other alligators she was actually pretty mean!! She kept snapping at the other alligators and pushing them out of the way!

One of my favorite exhibits were of course the jellyfish under the backlights!! They were so cool, I've always loved this exhibit. Another exhibit I really enjoyed was the poison dart frogs! They were all kinds of colors like bright royal blue and another one was black and yellow. They almost looked too vibrant to be real! In the picture above, you can see I was sporting my Kori Dress in Chum Bucket.. which I thought was pretty appropriate for our aquarium trip! Sorry about the crazy hair and no makeup, as we went straight from the pool to the aquarium!

Fun Fact: While we were in the gift shop browsing, we stumbled across this book written by one of our very best friends' Dad!! We recently met him at our friends wedding and he is such a funny and cool guy, we had to snap a pic and send it to our friends! Also, I wanted to buy it. HELLO delicious crabs!!

Once we were all cleaned up and dressed, it was off to dinner & IMAX! I'm truly so thankful to spend another birthday with this handsome man of mine, making it our FOURTH one together. Where does the time go?!

xoxo, SJR



4 comments:

  1. Love that dress! Is is from Lilly?xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dress girl, super cute! and you and JH are so cute together! :)
    I nominated you for the Liebster Award! :) to find out more about this go to http://stephanieealexandraa.blogspot.com/2014/08/liebster-award.html
    you don't have to participate if you don't want to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun filled day! great pictures!
    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com

    ReplyDelete