Monday, June 23, 2014

Feeling Grateful...


I woke up this morning to turn on the water faucet and brush my teeth only to find no water came out of the spout! I tried my shower faucet next... nothing! A water pipe busted under my house and this morning I was left with no other option but to have a waterless morning before work! Initially I freaked out. How was I supposed to go to work un-showered? I couldn't shave my legs?! I couldn't even do my makeup! Thankfully I had a water bottle in the fridge that I used to brush my teeth.

After the anger and worry subsided, I found myself overwhelmed with gratitude. It's incredible how much we rely on things that are actually such a luxury to our lives! The more I heard myself complain about not getting water to wash my hair in or wash my hands, the more I realized how much I take everyday things for granted. Instead of being upset, I should have been thankful that I live a life that typically allows me to shower whenever I please, for there are others not so fortunate.

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus"
1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment